PROM is right around the corner!
Prom is a time that we all want to remember as one of the most unforgettable nights of our lives. We want everything to be perfect; the pictures, our hair, our dates, but most importantly our DRESSES. We all want to look and feel our best, and the search for the perfect dress is not an easy one.
2014 is set to see lots of detailing, sophisticated and intricate embellishments and soft neutral color palettes that will be found all over the upcoming prom scene.
From such a big variety, and so many colors to choose from, the search can be bit overwhelming but to make your search a little easier whether it’s for your prom, your sisters’, or your daughters’ here are the Top 5 Trends for Prom 2014 Dresses:
1. Lace/Illusion: Lace trims, lace overlay, you name it! Lace is a big trend for Prom because it brings elegance and grace to an overall look. In previous years we have seen small accents of lace, but this year it ranges from necklines to complete overlays!
2. High-Low Dresses: This is a trend that has been seen in the past couple of years, but you’ll see it with much more abundance this year! High-Low is a very unique style, and it can be incorporated with sequins, lace, and beautiful fabrics.
3. Pastel Colors: We have seen pastel colors in the past two seasons of Vogue, and it looks like they’re not going anywhere. Mints, Nude Pinks, etc., are going hand in hand with bright colors for Prom Dresses!
4. Bling, Bling and more Bling: Bling is a traditional trend for Prom. It makes you stand out in the crowd, and it just gives you that “Princess” look! Top designers such as Sherri Hill show us that Bling is not going anywhere anytime soon.
5. High Slit: Nothing says sexy like a high slit in a Prom dress! If you want to go for a mature, sexy look, a high slit dress is definitely the perfect choice for you.
And in honor of #ThrowbackThursday here are our Spoiled One's Prom Dresses!