In a society where everything is so fast paced and time seems more limited than ever it is very easy to make excuses about why you live the way you do, why you eat the way you do and why you refuse to make fitness a goal and priority in your life. "Well I don't have enough time." "I'm too tired." "I don't know how to cook healthy." Do these words sound familiar to you? If they do, I encourage you to make a conscious effort to immediately STOP making excuses and make yourself and your health a priority. The benefits of leading a healthy and fit lifestyle, not diet or phase, but LIFESTYLE, are not only cosmetic, but you will reap rewards in your health and mind as well. Your attitude on life improves, your self esteem increases, you will live longer! Aside from feeling and looking great you have all these added bonuses that money cannot buy. Money cannot buy health or self esteem. You have to make yourself a priority period. There are are 24 hours in each day, and if you can take one hour out 3-4 times a week to get your ass to the gym or go somewhere you can get your sweat on you will be on your way to a whole new you...a better you!
Here are some tips on how to get motivated:
1. Get Started. Get the ball rolling! The hardest part is getting started, but just dive in! Find a gym, park, class or some kind of outlet for you to begin working out. Start on Monday if you must, but really any day, like today, is the perfect time to begin.
2. Plan in Advance. Setting a schedule for the week is a fool proof way to balance your time. Making time is so important for this goal. Be consistent! Find what works for you. Typically, early day workouts prove more beneficial, but get it in whenever you can.
3. Set a Goal! Whether its losing 15 lbs or 50 lbs be sure to set a goal. I try not to pay too much attention to what the scale says, but you most definitely need to be at a healthy weight. Figure out what weight is healthy for your size and make a daily effort to move towards that goal weight.
4. Eat Healthy. Diets are only temporary fixes. 80% of the results you get when on this fitness mission will be from what you are feeding yourself. Incorporate plenty of leans meats, fruit, veggies and whole grains into you diet. Drink LOTS of water.
5. Stay Focused. No matter where you are at physically, you can do this! The important thing is that you have made the decision to begin and change your life for the better. I am not telling you that this is going to be easy, but it will be worth it. You are worth it! Just stay focused! If you slip up, no biggie, pick up where you left off and get back on track!
Giving up is simply not an option so GET ON YOUR WAY!!
Love and happiness,