This post is sponsored by Dove® ClearTone™ Deodorant - designed to visibly reduce underarm dark marks and even skin tone.
It's wedding season and it's also hurricane season which means it is hot, humid, sometimes rainy and basically the weather is unpredictable. I was married in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico during the end of hurricane season which meant it was all of the above but with beautiful sand and beautiful blue water steps away from my hotel door steps. The day of my wedding the weather was beautiful, the sun was shining, the ocean was sparkling, than mother nature decided to rain on my parade. O lucky me...an hour before the ceremony. Being that the weather was fickle, and I didn't know how it was going to turn out, I had to figure out a way to stay fresh, feel, look and smell good through out my wedding ceremony and the dance reception which were both on the beach.
For all of the "Spoiled" brides to be, planning on getting married this season and are wearing a short sleeve or sleeve less gown; these next few tips are my personal ways to stay fresh and feel great on your big big day. Congrats!!
SpoiledLatina Wedding Survival Tips
- Prep your skin for your big day - exfoliate, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize and stay out of the sun. No, I didn't accidentally repeat moisturize, moisturizing our face is very important and will give you the beautiful wedding glow.
- Drink Plenty of Water- This goes for days and months prior to your wedding and especially the day of and throughout. It will help keep you hydrated during the ChaCha slides and cumbias you will be dancing to.
- Eat healthy- very important, you don't want to feel groggy or sick based on something that wasn't good for your body.
- A good deodorant- now ladies, we know how important it is for us to wear deodorant on the daily. A good deodorant keeps you feeling fresh all day, simply by alleviating the unpleasant odor. Dove's Clear Tone-Skin Renew deodorant, is great because it helps with the irritation that occurs at time of shaving and also helps with the dark spots that are caused by the irritation.
- Touch up kit- make sure to have your maid of honor hold a little touch up kit, with your lipgloss or lipstick, your deodorant, some blush and baby wipes. Chances are sometime in your wedding day you will cry or sweat, make sure you have a makeup sponge to wipe off tears and to blend your makeup.
I hope these tips work out for you!
I was compensated for this post by the Clever Girls Collective. All the opinions expressed here are my own.